Now you had some theoretics and installed WiX with Votive. In this tutorial we will create step by step a WPF Application with a Setup. Let’s get our hands dirty!
Create the WPF Project
- In Visual Studio: File -> New Project
- Create a WPF Project with the following settings:
- On the created solution -> Right Mouse click -> Add -> New Project
- Create a new Setup Project with the following settings:
- Open the file product.wxs
When you build the project now, you’ll get the following error:
- Set a name for the Manufacturer-attribute in the product-element.
- Build the solution
You have now built you first setup, but at the moment it still does not install our WPF-program.